Monday, April 24, 2006

Death Valley National Park


Molly and I were fortunate to have a weekend down in Las Vegas in January for her company party (thanks NWMG!). Although about 24hrs is all I can take of Vegas before I go on overload from porn pamphlets, cigarette smoke, crowds, the slot machine jingle, and the beyond obnoxious lights. I think my new saying is that the best part of a trip to Las Vegas is leaving Vegas.

With that said we took a rental car and left Vegas twice in about 36 hrs. Trip one was a 1 day whirl wind trip to Death Valley National Park, Rhyolite Ghost town, and Beatty. All of them are roughly a 2-3 hour drive from Vegas thanks to long open roads and a much faster speed limit than our pathetic NW highways. The next morning was sunrise at Red Canyon Rocks, only about 20 miles from Vegas. All of these were great places and would recommend them if you are able to get down there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home